Slag Storage Silo
- Low investment
- Wide size of manufacturing rang
- Professional working team
- Outstanding after-sales service
- Diameter: 3-28m
- Maximum hight: 28m
Slag storage silo or slag storage tank is specially used to store slag. Flyer’s slag steel silo is made of superior quality double-side galvanized steel sheets with spiral folding machines. Spiral steel silo, also called lipp silo, is the best steel structure for slag powder storage. It can be built on-site by our professional construction team. The spiral steel silo’s on ground foundation can be steel structure and concrete structure. Steel structure foundation is usually for the small size silo whose capacity is lower than 1500 ton. Concrete structure foundation can be used on either small or large capacity silos. Apart from slag, the spiral steel silo can also be used to store other mineral powders. Steel silo for slag storage has the following advantages:
- Low investment: Compared with reinforced concrete silo, the total cost of spiral steel silo is 30%-50% lower. And we guarantee high quality meanwhile.
- Wide range of manufacturing sizes: The capacity of each silo can be from 50 ton to 15,000 ton. All of our steel silos are in cylinder shapes, their diameter can be from 3 meters to 30 meters. Slag steel silo can meet the requirements of different clients with loading complete accessories and functions. Different capacities and sizes ensure our slag storage silos to fit for different scale of plants.
- Moisture-proof and anti-corrosion: The steel silo itself adopts high quality galvanized steel sheet to protect it from both moisture and corrosion. The edge of spiral silo is five times thick than that of silo shell. No leakage of powder, even air.
- Professional construction team: Our construction team can provide technical guidance and inform customers some matters needing attention in the application process of slag storage, so as to provide you the most perfect service.
- Outstanding after-sales service: Flyer provides 1-year free maintenance after the project is delivered. We guarantee a timely reaction for arriving at the scene in 36 hours after receiving feedback. Besides, if you have any problems in slag silo cleaning, we can offer you free guidance.
The bottom of slag steel silo can be divided into two types: conical hopper bottom and flat bottom. The conical hopper bottom silo can only be small capacity silos, whose capacity is no more than 2000 tons. But the silo will be built with some accessory equipment, such as vibrator on silo hopper, aeration box on silo hopper, to ensure the slag powder can discharge smoothly. The flat bottom silo always has invert cone inside silo bottom, its function is to reduce the pressure during discharging slag powder from the center of silo top. For this type of silos, the invert cone can avoid the slag powder flowing down to the aeration box directly. The aeration box is to make the slag powder discharge smoothly (Kindly notice: some big slag silos will be built with more than one invert cone at silo bottom).
Slag Storage Silo Construction
- Choose flat ground as construction platform for slag silo, including the silo's main structure, steel frame, steel column and connection machine.
- Set up the forming machine, bending machine and the supporting frame horizontally.
- Put the coil into the forming machine.
- With the bending machine bending bite into the spiral rib 5 times the thickness of the silo body.
- When the silo height reaches 2m, use automatic cutting machine to cut silo body top in horizontal.
- Install the silo roof.
- Keep constructing the silo body using bending and forming machines to the designed silo height.
- According to the drawings of reinforcing ribs, weld them in the inner silo wall. (This step is constructing at the same time of step 8)
- Use the cutting machine cut the silo body bottom plate in horizontal.
- Reverse rotation silo to silo foundation plate, fall to the embedded steel part.
- Connect the reinforcing rib and the embedded part, and complete the rooting work.
About Slag: Slag is glass-like by-product residual after a desired metal has been separated from its raw ore. Slag is usually a mixture of metal oxides and silicon dioxide, but it also can contain metal sulfides and elemental metals. While slags are generally used to remove waste in metal smelting, they can also serve other purposes, such as assisting in the temperature control of the smelting, and minimizing any re-oxidation of the final liquid metal product before the molten metal is removed from the furnace and used to make solid metal.
Whenever you have any problem about slag storage or want to know more details of our steel silo, feel free to contact us! We are always at your service!