- Solid structure & strong resistance to corrosion
- Short construction term
- Lime silo's service life can reach 30 years
- Diameter: 3-28m
- Maximum height: 28m
Lime steel silo is one of the most commonly used methods for the storage of lime. Lime is rigid inorganic gelled material and calcium oxide is its main ingredient. Flyer adopts advanced Germany silo construction technology, and the building technology is unique. When constructing, first feed the 495 mm wide coil sheet by a decoiling machine into a bending machine. Through bending, seaming, and then through the forming machine rolling into needed geometric shape, around the silo lateral forming a 30-40 mm wide, encircling spiral protruding strip on the structure playing the role of strengthening silo. For two different kinds of materials, silo construction equipment also can realize double bending processing.
Spiral steel silos are on site operation and the silo top is ground installation. Flyer lime steel silo is also spiral designed without any spike or screw, the steel plate margin is totally seamed by seaming machine. It brings much convenience to the construction process and saves labors.
There is no need of scaffolding and other auxiliary facilities. Silo construction equipment can work at the speed of 3-5 m/min of forming and bending, so the construction period could be much shorted. We only need a truck to deliver the silo construction equipment on site, so the transport cost is quite low. Spiral silos are made of thin galvanized steel coil sheet and with only the equivalent of the capacity of cement bin rebar weight, so the construction cost is much lower.
Flyer Lime Steel Silo's Storage Advantages
- Low Investment: Compared with reinforced concrete silo, the total cost will be 30%-50% lower, which can largely reduce the cost. And we guarantee both the low cost and high quality.
- High Accuracy: International advanced processing equipment and technology have been introduced to ensure the processing accuracy. Standard specification of the silo is helpful to estimate lime production.
- High Automation: Steel silo makes high efficiency and labor-saving possible with its high mechanization and automation, which can save a lot of manpower and material resources.
- Waterproof and Anti-corrosion: Our lime silos are all used the galvanized steel sheet, which can not only waterproof, but also can anti-corrosion. Operation process is very simple and the lime won't be exposed to air for a long-term, so as not to absorb moisture and carbon dioxide in the air.
- Good Leakproofness and Damp Proof: Using the advanced technique of suture, Flyer steel lime silos all have good sealing performance.
- Easy Maintenance: The standardized, serialized and generalized galvanized steel sheet and the accessories have been used to achieve the convenient maintenance, capacity increasing or moving.
- Wide Manufacturing Range: with the capacity of 15000 tons for each silo, Flyer steel silo meets the requirements of different clients with complete accessories and functions. The wide manufacturing range ensures our lime silos fit for different scale of plants.
- Professional Working Team: Our working team can provide technical guidance, at the same time can spread some matters needing attention in the application process of lime storage, so as to provide you the most perfect service.
- Excellent After-sales Service: Flyer provide a 1-year free maintenance after the project is delivered and for over one-year maintenance period, we have thoughtful service as usual and collect only the corresponding cost of materials. We guarantee a timely reaction for arriving at the scene in 36 hours after receiving feedback. If you have any problems in lime silo cleaning, we can have a free guidance.
Lime Silo's Operating Considerations
- Lime in storage and transportation should be paid attention to fire prevention, explosion proof. Because of quick lime slaking under the influence of water will release a large amount of heat, be care to prevent burn out transport or start a fire.
- Quick lime can't be stored with inflammable, explosive and liquid goods, in case of causing fire and explosion.
- Avoid contact with acids content, and shorter operation time, the better.
- Pay attention to respiratory protection while working, wear with dustproof fibers overalls, gloves, airtight and dustproof glasses, smear ointment containing fat, in order to prevent dust from entering.
- Prohibit eating, once entry, rinse with water immediately and seek treatment ( remember that can't drink).
Lime is widely used for a variety of applications such as steel making, waste water treatment, air pollution control, acid neutralization, building and construction engineering.
Lime is rigid inorganic gelled material and calcium oxide is its main ingredient. Lime is made of high calcium carbonate content such as limestone, dolomite, chalk, shells ,and then calcine the product of 900 ~ 1100 ℃ Lime is the first human application of gelled material. Lime is most afraid of water and next is CO2, or it would change its nature. With good leakproofness, lime can be stored in Flyer steel silo for a long time.